Feb. 11, 1926 - March 17, 2013
Dr. Richard Dana Moore, 87, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center North Campus on March, 17, 2013.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, March 21, at Smith Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Richard was born February 11, 1926, in Battle Creek, Michigan, the son of Jay and Mae (Prine) Moore. He attended the Ann J. Kellogg School. He was a 1944 graduate of Battle Creek High School. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Olivet College in 1948. He was named a graduate assistant in the biology department at Olivet College for the 1948-1949 school year. In 1952, he earned his Master’s of Science degree from Michigan State University. He then went on to earn his Ph.D. from Michigan State University in 1956. While at Michigan State, he was an assistant in the department of anatomy. In 1955, he joined the faculty of Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, Texas where he taught student nurses enrolled at Hendrick Memorial Hospital in Abilene. Additionally at Hardin-Simmons he taught anatomy and physiology to science majors including pre-med classes. He left Hardin-Simmons in 1965 joining the faculty at Albright College in Reading, Pennsylvania. He then returned to Abilene, Texas to join the teaching staff at McMurry University and taught there until his retirement in 1991. In all, Dr. Moore taught at the Collegiate level for over 30 years. Dr. Moore is listed in the “Who’s Who” in American Education, additionally, he is a fellow in the Texas Academy of Science.
While in Abilene, Texas, he was a member of the Central Presbyterian Church.
After his retirement he moved to Clinton, Iowa. He loved classical music, reading and most of all — following the Detroit Tigers baseball team.
He is survived by his brother, Warren Moore of Battle Creek MI; two nieces; and his very close friends, Dr. Garry Land, his wife, Sandy, and their family.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorials can be made to the Richard Moore Endowment Scholarship at McMurry University, Box 938 Abilene, TX 79697.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 17, 2013
Feb. 11, 1926 - March 17, 2013
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines