Nov. 4, 1936 - March 11, 2013
Floyd B. Thomas, age 76, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 11, at the Eagle Point Nursing Home.
Cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will take place Thursday, March 14, from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Pape Funeral Home. Online condolences can be left at www.papefh.com.
Floyd Bernard Thomas was born on November 4, 1936, the son of Benjamin Sr. and Florence (Fortner) Thomas in DeWitt, Iowa. He married Nancy Klare on September 9, 1955, in Davenport, IA. He was employed at Clinton Corn and later retired from the Collis Company. Floyd had been a member of the Clinton National Guard for 4 years.
He was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church. Floyd enjoyed spending time with his family and friends, being outdoors, camping, working on cars and playing bingo.
Floyd is survived by his wife; four children: Sharon (Steve) Moldt of Riverton, WY, Gay (Tom) Schmidt of Genoa, WI, Mark (Patricia) Thomas and Melissa (Mike) Murphy, both of Clinton; 5 grandchildren: David Schmidt, Steven Schmidt, Libby (Lance) Dykema, Mike Thomas and Mark Thomas; 3 great-grandchildren: Calli and Seth Dykema and Rylan Thomas; a brother, Russ Thomas of Geneseo, IL; and a sister, Betty Chase of Clinton; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Ben and Ken; and his beloved beagle “Hector.”
Death date: March 11, 2013
Nov. 4, 1936 - March 11, 2013
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines