July 1, 1930 - Sept. 3, 2012
Leo Dale Oberman, 82, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Monday, September 3rd, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center.
A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, September 6, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pastor Larry Schmoekel (from Indiana) will preside over the service. Burial will immediately follow the funeral service at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Leo was born July 1, 1930, in Clinton County, the son of Edwin and Freda (Beck) Oberman. Leo was a 1948 graduate of Maquoketa High School. Leo served in the U.S. Navy from 1950 to 1954.
Leo was united in marriage to Clara Caraway on July 22, 1954, in Monmouth, Iowa.
He was employed with Clinton Corn, as a lab technician for 28 years. Later he was employed with the Clinton schools as a maintenance technician for nearly 10 years.
Leo enjoyed playing cards and enjoyed playing softball. He loved his family and was very supportive of his family's activities. Later in life he enjoyed listening to Country Western and Gospel music.
Leo is survived by his loving wife, Clara; one daughter, Carla (Matt) Vawter of Cedar Rapids, IA; 2 sons, Roger (Sue) Oberman of Woodstock, IL, Russell (Valerie) Oberman of Davenport, IA; five granddaughters and eight stepgrandchildren; one sister, Dorothy Donnelly of Gold Beach, Oregon.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his stepmother, Selma Oberman; and one brother, Ray.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Sept. 3, 2012
July 1, 1930 - Sept. 3, 2012
- Gunnel Maria Lundquist MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Gunnel Maria Lundquist, 96, of Mount Carroll, died Thursday at the Carroll County Good Samaritan Center in Mount Carroll. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at the Mount Carroll United Methodist Church with the
- Carlyle A. Rickertsen Carlyle A. Rickertsen April 11, 1944 - May 21, 2013 WYOMING, Iowa -- Carlyle A. Rickertsen, 69, of Wyoming formerly of Maquoketa, died Tuesday May 21, 2013 at his home following an extended illness. Friends may call from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday
- Jean Renner Maquoketa Jean Renner Jean Renner, 78, of Maquoketa, died Friday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Jule E. Luckritz Clinton Jule E. Luckritz Jule E. Luckritz, 73, of Clinton, died Friday at Mercy Living Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Lloyd T. Weigandt Lloyd T. Weigandt Dec. 13, 1926 - May 21, 2013 LANCASTER, Wis. -- Lloyd T. Weigandt, D.C., of Lancaster, WI passed away on Tuesday May 21, 2013 at Lancaster Care Center, Lancaster, WI. Memorial services will be at 11:00 a.m. Friday May 31st at Lancas
- Diana F. Posey PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Diana F. Posey, 54, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, at OSF St. Francis in Peoria, Ill. Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the ch
- Vernon K. Stidham Vernon K. Stidham Sept. 1, 1937 - May 23, 2013 ROCK ISLAND, Ill. -- Vernon K. Stidham, 75, of Rock Island, passed away Thursday, May 23, 2013 at his home. Services will be private. A memorial fund has been established for his grandchildren's educati
- Marjorie E. Rowe
- Stan McCrudden
- Richard "Rick" A. Hale
- More Obituaries Headlines