Olivia M. Cornelius
Sept. 20, 1918-March 9, 2013
ANDREW — Olivia M. Cornelius, 94, of Andrew, died Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Mill Valley Care Center.
A celebration of her life will be held on Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at 10:30 a.m. at Andrew Salem Lutheran Church. Burial will be in the Andrew Cemetery, Andrew, Iowa. Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 12, 2013, at Lahey Funeral Home in Maquoketa.
Olivia Marie Cornelius was born September 20, 1918, in Olivenheim, CA, to Otto and Louise (Ehl) Koehlert. She married Chester Cornelius on December 8, 1939. He died on May 5, 1999.
She was a homemaker and farmed with her husband for 50 years. Also she was a member of the Andrew Salem Lutheran Church. She loved working on crafts and making paper mache sculptures, they went to craft shows many weekends in Iowa and Wisconsin selling her sculptures. She was an avid reader and kept up with things.
She is survived by two daughters, Chris (Ken) Weuste of Andrew, Rosemary Yappen of Maquoketa; six grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband; a daughter, Margaret in 1998; two sisters and two brothers.
Memorials are preferred.
Death date: March 9, 2013
Olivia M. Cornelius
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines