June 20, 1935 - March 9, 2013
Florence Elizabeth Brandt, 77, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center on March 9, 2013.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a memorial service to take place at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will be private. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Florence was born June 20, 1935, in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Clyde and Luella (Libberton) Skiles. She was a 1953 graduate of Savanna High School. She was united in marriage to Marvin Brandt on July 3, 1953, in Savanna, Illinois.
Florence retired from the Clinton School System. She loved working crossword puzzles. She also loved watching “Jeopardy” on TV and often instructed family and friends not to call during the “Jeopardy” show. Florence liked to cook and was an avid Hawkeye basketball fan. She loved her dog, Missy; she held in her arms when Missy died. She loved her family and will be greatly missed.
Florence is survived by her husband, Marvin; one son, Kenny Brandt of Clinton, IA; two brothers, Franklin (Sharon) Skiles of Slidell, LA, and Raymond (Joanne) Skiles of Savanna, IL; and many nieces and nephews and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her daughter, Vicky; and one sister.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 9, 2013
June 20, 1935 - March 9, 2013
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- Dr. Mary J. Pettersen HAMMOND, Ind. -- Dr. Mary J. Pettersen, age 84, of Hammond, died Saturday. A celebration of her life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Interment will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, Maquoketa. There wa
- Sheryl Kay Cotter Sheryl Kay Cotter September 24, 1943-May 14, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheryl Kay Cotter, 69, of Clinton, Iowa, lost her battle with cancer on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at Mercy Living Center North, Clinton, with her husband at her side. Her funeral services will
- Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch March 10, 1921-April 24, 2013 MESA, Ariz., MORRISON, Ill. -- Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch, 92, of Mesa and formerly of Morrison, died April 24, 2013, in Mesa. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, May 18, 2013, at the Morrison U
- Harold Galloway Grand Mound Harold Galloway Harold Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. Arrangements are pending with Schultz Funeral Homes.
- Durwin 'Dur' K. Wilhelm Preston Durwin 'Dur' K. Wilhelm Durwin "Dur" K. Wilhelm, 59, of Preston, died Tuesday at home. Funeral arrangements are pending with Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston.
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Barbara J. Determann