Aug. 1, 1965 - Jan. 12, 2013
Michael Alan Redman, 47, of Clinton, passed away on January 12, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, January 17, at the First Baptist Church, Clinton, Iowa. Visitation will occur from 3 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, January 16, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Michael was born August 1, 1965, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Loren and Ramona (Young) Redman. He was a 1984 graduate of Clinton High School. He was united in marriage to Tami Turney on June 10, 1989, in Sabula, Iowa.
He served his country, for six years, as a National Guardsman and was a member of the First Baptist Church.
Michael was an avid fitness enthusiast, spending many hours exercising at the Iron Horse Fitness Club and enjoyed playing softball. He loved to coach and then later loved to watch his sons participate in sports. He followed his father’s footsteps being mechanically inclined and worked as a mechanic at ADM. Michael loved spending time with his family, especially enjoying family get-togethers.
Michael is survived by his wife, Tami, of Clinton; two sons, Tyler of Iowa City, Iowa, and Jared at home; his mother, Mona Redman of Clinton, IA; three sisters, Carol (Paul) Gilotty of Dover, DE, Chere (Nick) Miller of Clinton, Iowa, and Connie Schmitz of Clinton, IA; one brother, Mark (Jan Brown) Redman of Austin, Texas; father-in-law, Robert (Eldona) Turney of Clinton, Iowa; one brother-in-law, Brent (Karen) Turney of Beecher, IL; Grandma Erma Gruhn of Preston, Iowa; and many nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends.
He was preceded in death by his dad, Loren Redman, and grandparents.
Memorials may be directed to the family which will be used for his sons’ education.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 12, 2013
Aug. 1, 1965 - Jan. 12, 2013
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines