June 10, 1917 - Jan. 21, 2013
Helen C. Otto, 95, of Camanche, died Sunday, January 21, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center South, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Rose Hill Cemetery. Visitation will be Wednesday from 9 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Serving as pallbearers will be Greg Humrichouse, Phil Peters, Kaleb Wilcox, Tye Otto, Alex Otto and Dean Snyder.
Helen Turner was born June 10, 1917, in Rice Lake, WI, the daughter of Charles and Minnie (McCullen) Turner. She married Archie Otto in Morrison, Illinois, on May 6, 1936; he died September 29, 1974.
Helen was employed at the One-In-Hand Tie Company in South Clinton. She had also worked at Collis Co., Curtis Co., and Jim Walters in Camanche, She retired in 1977.
She is survived by her daughters, Pat (LeRoy) Langrehr Jr. of Camanche and Phyllis (Ronald) Putman of Mt. Dora, FL; seven grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; 2 great-great-grandchildren; brothers, Jerry Turner of Camanche, Robert Turner of Burnsville, MN, and James Turner of Clinton; sisters, Pearl Perryman of Clinton and Rosie Jensen of Camanche.
Helen was preceded in death by her parents and stepmother, Dora Turner; son, Gene Otto; daughter, Joyce Hager; twin daughters in infancy; brothers, Lee, Cecil, Art and Chuck Turner; and sisters, Doris Sorensen and Charlotte Temple.
Death date: Jan. 21, 2013
June 10, 1917 - Jan. 21, 2013
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines