Ottawa, Ill. —
Marcella L. McConnell
Dec. 18, 1916-Feb. 3, 2013
OTTAWA, Ill. — Marcella L. McConnell, 96, of Ottawa, Illinois, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, February 3, 2013, at OSF St. Elizabeth Medical Center, Ottawa, Illinois.
A funeral Mass will be 10 a.m. Saturday, February 9, 2013, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Matthew Slattery, Neil Conroy, Todd Conroy, Ian Miller, Nate Miller and Caid Slattery. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the Mass time. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory is assisting the family.
Marcella L. DeCook was born on December 18, 1916, the daughter of Thomas and Mary (DeSchepper) DeCook. She was a 1935 graduate of St. Joseph High School in Bellevue, Iowa. She married Don McConnell on February 19, 1942; he died January 18, 1973.
Marcella was a homemaker. She also worked as a secretary/bookkeeper for St. Mary’s School until she retired in 1982.
Marcella was a member of Altar & Rosary Society.
Marcella is survived by three daughters: Janet (Jerome) Slattery of Chicago, Illinois, Kay (Douglas) Conroy of Ottawa, Illinois, and JoEllen (Zack) Miller of St. Paul, Minnesota; 11 grandchildren, 8 great-grandchildren; and one sister, Marjorie Hipschen of Bellevue, Iowa.
Marcella was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; her son, Patrick; one sister, Gladys; and one brother, Vincent.
Memorials can be made to the American Heart Association.
Death date: Feb. 3, 2013
Ottawa, Ill. —
Marcella L. McConnell
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines