March 17, 1938 - Feb. 10, 2013
Carolyn Jewel Johannsen, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center North on February 10, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, February 15, at the Zion Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, February 14, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Carolyn was born on March 17, 1938, in Davenport, Iowa, the daughter of Robert and Mildred (Pennock) Nantz. She was a 1956 graduate of DeWitt High School. She was united in marriage to Stanley Johannsen on September 22, 1957, in DeWitt, Iowa.
Carolyn was a homemaker. She was a member of the Zion Lutheran Church, the Clinton Women’s Bowling Association and the Clinton Moose Lodge.
She enjoyed camping, bowling, playing bingo and was a beloved Iowa Hawkeye fan.
Carolyn is survived by her husband, Stanley, of Clinton, IA; one daughter, Sara (Ronald) Darling of Clinton, IA; two sons, Tim Johannsen of Clinton, IA, Christopher (Tammy) Johannsen of Cordova, IL; six grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one sister, Barbara Nantz of DeWitt, IA; one brother, James (Karen) Nantz of Mercedes, TX; two brothers-in-law, Lonnie (Carol) Johannsen of Eldridge, IA, and Leon (Phyllis) Johannsen of Hot Springs, AR; one sister-in-law, Vallene Olson of DeWitt, IA; and her loving dog, “Mitzi.”
She was preceded in death by her parents and her son, Michael.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 10, 2013
March 17, 1938 - Feb. 10, 2013
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines