July 19, 1926 - July 24, 2012
Louis Riojas, 86, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on July 24, 2012.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, July 27, at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will take place from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 26, at the Church of the Open Door. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Louis was born on July 19, 1926, in McAllen, Texas, the son of Louis and Eutimia (Salas) Riojas. He graduated from McAllen High School, Texas. Louis served his Country for six years in the U.S. Army; a veteran of World War II and service in the Pacific theater. On July 24, 1953, he married Christine Saenz in McAllen, Texas; just recently celebrating 59 years of marriage.
Louis was employed with Northwestern Steel, as a security guard and union president. He retired from Northwestern Steel in 1992 after 20+ years. He was a member of the VFW and also a faithful member of the Church of the Open Door. Louis loved God, loved his family and was a beloved husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He spent his last few years reading God’s word and spending time with his family. He will be deeply missed.
A special thank you to all of the nurses and the entire staff at the Alverno Nursing Home.
Louis is survived his wife, Christine, of Clinton; two daughters, Linda (John) Kugler of La Crosse, WI, and Diana (Brian) McGrath of La Crosse, WI; six sons, Steven (Sue) Riojas of Clinton, IA, David (Kelly) Riojas of Plainfield, IL, Richard (Becky) Riojas of Dixon, IL, Michael Riojas of Clinton, IA, Luis Riojas of Bettendorf, IA, Gabriel (Tamara) Riojas of Clinton, IA; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren; one sister and one brother both in Texas.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three sisters and three brothers.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 24, 2012
July 19, 1926 - July 24, 2012
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- More Obituaries Headlines