China, Texas —
Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes
May 20, 1930-Oct. 8, 2012
CHINA, Texas — Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes, 82, of China, died Monday, October 8, 2012, at Beaumont Healthcare Center.
Services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, October 12, 2012, at the Church of the Visitation where a 6:30 p.m. vigil service will be conducted. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche, with full military honors.
Pallbearers and honorary pallbearers will be grandchildren and spouses: Alicia Clark, Denise and Scott Shepard, Elisabeth Clark, Megan Kershner, Ricky Goynes, Jerry and Dallas Cartee, Tabatha and Danny Ahlers, Amber Goynes, Chase Goynes, Jesse Goynes, Summer Goynes, Stephanie Goynes, Ryan and Melissa Goynes, Candace and Nick Capuano, Hallie Brantley, Brooke Brantley, Maddy Goynes, Justin Mussman, and Ashley and Nate Fuller. The Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
He was born on May 20, 1930, in Cavite, Philippines, to Rosie King Goynes and George A. Goynes. He married Carolyn Henry on January 9, 1954, in Orange, TX; she died September 17, 1994. He later married Jane Leger on April 26, 1997, in China, TX.
Ray was a prisoner of war when he was a child during World War II. After the war, he moved back to southeast Texas and graduated from Lutcher Stark High School in Orange. He was a United States Marine Corps veteran having served in the Korean War where he received the Purple Heart.
He worked for DuPont in Orange for twenty-one years, ultimately retiring from Quantum Petrochemical Company as a production maintenance supervisor in Clinton, Iowa. He also worked in Basra, Iraq, with Lummus from 1979 to 1980 prior to moving back to Camanche and retiring from Chemplex/Quantum. After his retirement, he moved back to southeast Texas in 1995.
Ray is survived by his wife, Jane Leger Goynes; daughters, Sandy Clark of Clinton, Iowa, and Tina Mussman and her husband, Jeff, of Camanche, Iowa; sons, Rick Goynes and his wife, Marya, of Clinton, Iowa; Paul Goynes and his wife, Paula, of Grapevine; Phil Goynes and his wife, Jan, of Pearland; and Tim Goynes of San Francisco, California; stepsons, Bart Leger and his wife, Joline, of China; Jeffery Leger and his wife, Lucille; and Lawrence Leger and his wife, Kelly, all of Beaumont; and Ross Leger and his wife, Nan, of Poth; stepdaughters, Christine Voan and her husband, Bob, of China; Lisa Doguet and her husband, Mike, of Nome; Sheila Golson and her husband, Kyle, of Kingwood; and Stephanie Padgett and her husband, James, of China; sister, Irene Middlebrooks of Bridge City; brothers, Fred Goynes of San Antonio and Larry Goynes of Cave Junction, Oregon; thirty-nine grandchildren; thirty-two great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his first wife, Carolyn Goynes; brothers, George Goynes and Charles Goynes; sister, Lillian Goynes; and son-in-law, Denny Clark.
Death date: Oct. 8, 2012
China, Texas —
Raymond R. “Ray” Goynes
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- Dr. Mary J. Pettersen HAMMOND, Ind. -- Dr. Mary J. Pettersen, age 84, of Hammond, died Saturday. A celebration of her life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Interment will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, Maquoketa. There wa
- Sheryl Kay Cotter Sheryl Kay Cotter September 24, 1943-May 14, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheryl Kay Cotter, 69, of Clinton, Iowa, lost her battle with cancer on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at Mercy Living Center North, Clinton, with her husband at her side. Her funeral services will
- Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch March 10, 1921-April 24, 2013 MESA, Ariz., MORRISON, Ill. -- Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch, 92, of Mesa and formerly of Morrison, died April 24, 2013, in Mesa. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, May 18, 2013, at the Morrison U
- Harold Galloway Grand Mound Harold Galloway Harold Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. Arrangements are pending with Schultz Funeral Homes.
- Durwin 'Dur' K. Wilhelm Preston Durwin 'Dur' K. Wilhelm Durwin "Dur" K. Wilhelm, 59, of Preston, died Tuesday at home. Funeral arrangements are pending with Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston.
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Barbara J. Determann