Feb. 2, 1929 - Oct. 14, 2012
David Kinkaid, Jr., 83, of Montpelier, Iowa, died peacefully, surrounded by his family, Sunday, October 14, 2012 at his home.
Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at McGinnis-Chambers Funeral Home in Bettendorf. Burial will be at Montpelier Cemetery in Montpelier. Visitation will be from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the family.
Born on February 2, 1929 in Clinton, David was the son of David, Sr. and Dagney (Andresen) Kinkaid. On February 2, 1962 in Rock Island, David married Jackie Kunze. She preceded him in death on February 8, 2012.
David enjoyed watching football, mowing the lawn, bowling and roller skating. He loved spending time with his children and grandchildren.
Those left to honor his memory include his daughter, Pam (Lonnie) Hartema of New Hartford, IA; sons, Russell (Mary) Kinkaid of Cedar Falls, IA, Tim (Julie) Kinkaid of Davenport and Nick Kinkaid of Montpelier; step-daughter, Sandy (Dave) Whitesell of Milan; 13 grandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren and one great-great grandchild; sisters, Doris Limon, Arlene Reid and June Thompson, all of Clinton, Ruth Ann White of Davenport and Lori Heath of Fairport.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, step-son, Robert Denney, and one sister, Ruby Wynkoop.
Condolences may be made to David’s family by viewing his obituary at www.mcginnis-chambers.com.
Death date: Oct. 14, 2012
Feb. 2, 1929 - Oct. 14, 2012
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- Dr. Mary J. Pettersen HAMMOND, Ind. -- Dr. Mary J. Pettersen, age 84, of Hammond, died Saturday. A celebration of her life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Interment will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, Maquoketa. There wa
- Sheryl Kay Cotter Sheryl Kay Cotter September 24, 1943-May 14, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheryl Kay Cotter, 69, of Clinton, Iowa, lost her battle with cancer on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at Mercy Living Center North, Clinton, with her husband at her side. Her funeral services will
- Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch March 10, 1921-April 24, 2013 MESA, Ariz., MORRISON, Ill. -- Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch, 92, of Mesa and formerly of Morrison, died April 24, 2013, in Mesa. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, May 18, 2013, at the Morrison U
- Harold Galloway Grand Mound Harold Galloway Harold Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. Arrangements are pending with Schultz Funeral Homes.
- Durwin 'Dur' K. Wilhelm Preston Durwin 'Dur' K. Wilhelm Durwin "Dur" K. Wilhelm, 59, of Preston, died Tuesday at home. Funeral arrangements are pending with Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston.
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Barbara J. Determann