Sept. 11, 1937 - Aug. 16, 2012
Arlene Kae Haring, 74, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, August 16, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday, August 20, 2012, at Chancy Lutheran Church with Rev. Fred Schauer officiating. Burial will follow in the Elvira Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be James McDonnell, Nicholas Block, Chase Rockrohr, Cole Rockrohr; Larry McDonnell, Jeff Block, Kevin Rockrohr, and Duncan Grinstead. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
Arlene Kae Johns was born on September 11, 1937, in Calamus, Iowa, the daughter of Harry and Marie (Schwartz) Johns. She married James R. Haring on November 18, 1956, at Elvira Zion Lutheran Church.
Arlene was a 1955 graduate of Elvira High School where she was in most sports. She was the captain of her basketball team her senior year and the Homecoming queen.
Arlene worked at Clinton National Bank for 15 years and retired from JT Cullen in 1998.
Arlene was a member of Chancy Lutheran Church, active and past president in Credit Women International, also past president of the Big River Chapter of the Izaak Walton League of America. She was an avid bowler for many years.
Arlene is survived by her husband, Jim, of Clinton; daughters: Joni (Larry) McDonnell of Clinton, Susan (Jeff) Block of Grayslake, IL, and Nancy (Kevin) Rockrohr of Sabula; four grandsons: James (Casey) McDonnell, Chase Rockrohr, Cole Rockrohr and Nick Block; two granddaughters, Katrina (Duncan) Grinstead, Kelsey Block; three great-grandchildren: Alexia Grinstead, Zachary McDonnell and Zoey McDonnell; two sisters, Joann Adams of Mesa, Arizona, and Sharon (Tom) Powell of Camanche; one brother, Marvin (Barbara) Johns of Prescott, Arizona; and sister-in-law: Joanne Cravero of Moline, Il.
She was preceded in death by her parents; three brothers, Robert, Fay and Richard Johns; and one sister, Roxanna Johns.
The family requests that memorials be made to Chancy Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 16, 2012
Sept. 11, 1937 - Aug. 16, 2012
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines