June 24, 1953 - Feb. 18, 2013
Russell L. Coons, 59, of Maquoketa, died Monday, February 18, 2013, at his home.
Funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, February 25, 2013, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Maquoketa. Family and friends may call from 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Lahey Funeral Home in Maquoketa. Rosary will be at 6 p.m.
Russell L. Coons was born June 24, 1953, in Great Lakes, Illinois, to Robert and Georgie Jean (Russell) Coons. On December 9, 2009, he was united in marriage to Linda Shanahan in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Russell was a forklift operator and material handler at Rock Island Arsenal. He was in the United States Navy from 1974-1976. He loved his corvette and attending Blues concerts. He enjoyed his cat, Gracie.
Russell is survived by his wife, Linda, of Maquoketa; his mother, Georgie Jean Coons of Maquoketa; two stepchildren, Cody Shanahan and fiancé Rachel Goodnight of Davenport, Brandy (Joe) Crawford of Coralville, three stepgrandchildren Jenna, Rian, and Makenna; sister, Cynthia (Kevin) Cone of Storm Lake and their children, Kylor (Jamie) Cone, Nolan Cone, sister; JoMarie Wells of Alta and her children Abby, Alison, Zoe; brother, Randy Coons and his fiance Tara Flemming of Davenport and his son Ryan Coons.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.laheys.com.
Death date: Feb. 18, 2013
June 24, 1953 - Feb. 18, 2013
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines