July 2, 1928 - Sept. 20, 2012
Robert M. Wainwright, 84, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, September 20, 2012, in his home.
Robert Mann Wainwright was born July 2, 1928, in Geneseo, Illinois, to Laverne and Georgia (Mann) Wainwright. Bob served in the Army during the Korean War as a radio technician and was honorably discharged as a sergeant. In 1953, he was united in marriage to Dorothy Carlson at the Augusta Lutheran Church in Andover, Illinois. The couple farmed at Hillsdale, Illinois, until moving to Fulton, Illinois, in 1966.
Bob worked at GE in Morrison, Illinois, for nine years. His wife, Dorothy, preceded him in death on February 21, 1973. He later married Doris Hendershott and she preceded him in death. Bob moved to DeWitt in 1979. He worked as a machinist for various companies and was well known in Clinton County for his painting trade.
Bob attended the Evangelical Free Church in Clinton, and was a former member of the Fulton Saddle Club, Solo Steppers and various dance clubs. Bob loved his family dearly and adored his grandchildren and great-grandchild. He enjoyed bicycling, helping on his son's farm, spending time with family and friends, fishing and boating, camping and taking family trips to Wisconsin Dells, and dancing, especially square, round, line and ballroom.
Surviving are sons and daughters-in-law, Ed and Joanne Wainwright of Morrison, Bryon and Jeana Wainwright of Fulton, and Scott and Theresa Wainwright of DeWitt; grandchildren, Kristen (Tim) Orr, Steven Wainwright, Allie Wainwright, and Emily Wainwright; a great-granddaughter, Lilly Orr; a brother, Glenn (Betty) Wainwright of Hillsdale; sisters, Arlie Klebe of Zion, Illinois and Sylvia Simms of Hernando, Florida; special friends, Judy DeWulf and Nellie James.
Preceding Bob in death, in addition to his wives, were his parents and a brother, Claire.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 2 until 6 p.m. Sunday, September 23, 2012. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, September 24, 2012, in the United Methodist Church, DeWitt. Pastor Wayne Wiersema will officiate. Burial will follow the funeral luncheon at Zuma Cemetery in Port Byron, Illinois.
Memorials are suggested to Mercy Hospice of Clinton.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Sept. 20, 2012
July 2, 1928 - Sept. 20, 2012
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines