Feb. 3, 1932 - Sept. 20, 2012
Joyce “Louise” Crigger, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, September 20, 2012, at the Alverno.
Services will be 10 a.m. Wednesday, September 26, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Troy Crigger, Chad Crigger, Eric Soenksen, Joe Soenksen, Drew Crigger, Nate Fuller and Brady Crigger. Serving as an honorary pallbearer will be Dustin Crigger. Visitation will be Tuesday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the funeral home.
Joyce Louise Simpkins was born on February 3, 1932, in Thorpe, West Virginia, the daughter of Glen and Julia (Thornton) Simpkins. She married William “Bill” Crigger married on December 18, 1948, in Tazewell, Virginia. She and her husband moved to Clinton from West Virginia on August 21, 1960. Bill passed away on May 24, 2009.
She was employed at Dairy Pak from 1960 until her retirement.
Lou married at the young age of 16 and along with the marriage came Lou’s handicap sister Virginia to take care of. She was always ready to lend a helping hand to her brothers and sisters, neighbors and co-workers. She was ready to clean your house, cook food, open her home to you to live in, or watch your kids for you. There wasn’t one child, grandchild or great-grandchild that entered her house and didn’t eat her gravy and biscuits. Early years after their retirement Lou enjoyed camping, her garden and flower and sitting in a swing on the front porch with Bill. She will be missed by all whose lives she touched with her caring ways.
She is survived by her daughter, Julia (Tom) Soenksen of Clinton, her son, Jeff (Tracie) Crigger of Clinton; a daughter-in-law, Billie Crigger of Clinton; 11 grandchildren, 13 great-grandchildren; three sisters, Patsy (Sam) Carver, Judy Scribner and Brenda (David) Moore; three brothers, Gene Simpkins, Jack (Elah) Simpkins, Don (Ibby) Simpkins; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her son: Bill, four brothers and four sisters.
In lieu of flowers memorials can be made to the Alverno Memory Loss Unit.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Sept. 20, 2012
Feb. 3, 1932 - Sept. 20, 2012
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines