March 15, 1928 - Sept. 27, 2012
Mary J. Goetzl, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, September 27, 2012 at the Alverno.
Mass of the Christian Burial will be 10:30am, Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be her sons: Richard Goetzl, Kevin Goetzl, David Goetzl, grandsons: Derek Goetzl, Ryan Goetzl, and Kyton Rehder; and her son-in-law: Kent Kolwey. Visitation will be Monday from 4:00pm to 7:00pm at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Mary Josephine Ryan was born on March 15, 1928 in Waukon, Iowa, the daughter of Emmett John and Gertrude Elizabeth (Ronan) Ryan. She married Gordon H. Goetzl on August 4, 1951 at Saint Mary’s Catholic Church in Dorchester, Iowa. She attended Clear Creek grade school in Dorchester. She was a 1946 graduate of St. Patrick’s High School in Waukon, Iowa.
Mary worked for Northwestern Bell Telephone Company for 10 years and Jane Lamb Hospital and St. Joseph Mercy Hospital for twenty years retiring in 1994.
Mary belonged to Altar and Rosary Society, member of Prince of Peace Parish, 500 Card Club, along with numerous card clubs. She served on the Sacred Heart School Board also the Parish Council. She enjoyed her crafts, traveling and especially her grandchildren.
Mary is survived by her husband: Gordon of Clinton; three sons: Richard (Donna) Goetzl of Milan, Kevin (Sherry) Goetzl of Urbandale, David (Kathy) Goetzl of Clinton; two daughters: Cheryl (Kent) Kolwey of Davenport, and Barbara Rehder of Lisbon; seven grandchildren: Derek Goetzl, Ryan Goetzl, Alyson Goetzl, Bree Rehder, Serena Goetzl, Megan Goetzl, and Kyton Rehder; two brothers: John (Carol) Ryan of Guttenberg, Iowa, Dennis (Barbara) Ryan of Racine, Wisconsin; and one sister: Kathleen (Leo) Frett of Moline, Illinois.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one sister: Phyllis, and her son: Gregg.
Memorials can be made to the Prince of Peace Building Fund.
Death date: Sept. 27, 2012
March 15, 1928 - Sept. 27, 2012
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines