April 2, 1926 - Feb. 19, 2013
Edwin Jost, age 86, of Bryant, passed away Tuesday, February 19, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North.
A Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Monday, February 25, 2013, at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday, February 24, at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in Center Grove Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Dave Byam, Randy Jost, Larry Farrell, Joel Petersen, Todd Jost and Garry Farrell. Honorary casket bearers will be Dean Gradert, Eric Lundquist, Tom Farrell, Dan Byam and the members of the Goose Lake Lions Club.
Eddie was born in Clinton County on April 2, 1926, the son of August and Mayme (Wagemester) Jost. He married Anita Hansen on February 8, 1947, at St. Irenaeus Church in Clinton. Anita passed away in October of 2008. Eddie farmed his entire life near Bryant. He was a member of Prince of Peace Parish, Goose Lake Lions Club, the Clinton County Farm Bureau and he served on the Board of Center Grove Cemetery for many years. He enjoyed yard work and helping his nephews with the farm work. He was well known for having his farm machinery in immaculate condition.
Eddie is survived by his sister, Lorraine (Phil) Lundquist of Camanche; a brother, Robert (Ruth) Jost of Clinton; sisters-in-law, Carol Jost of Clinton and Myrna (Raymond) Petersen of Bryant; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife; an infant brother; a brother, Arnold; two sisters, Irene Byam and Evelyn Farrell Nehrkorn; and three nephews, Don Farrell and Chris and Marc Jost.
Memorials may be made to the Goose Lake Lions Club, Center Grove Cemetery or Eagle Point Nursing Home. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 19, 2013
April 2, 1926 - Feb. 19, 2013
- Gunnel Maria Lundquist MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Gunnel Maria Lundquist, 96, of Mount Carroll, died Thursday at the Carroll County Good Samaritan Center in Mount Carroll. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at the Mount Carroll United Methodist Church with the
- Carlyle A. Rickertsen Carlyle A. Rickertsen April 11, 1944 - May 21, 2013 WYOMING, Iowa -- Carlyle A. Rickertsen, 69, of Wyoming formerly of Maquoketa, died Tuesday May 21, 2013 at his home following an extended illness. Friends may call from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday
- Jean Renner Maquoketa Jean Renner Jean Renner, 78, of Maquoketa, died Friday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Jule E. Luckritz Clinton Jule E. Luckritz Jule E. Luckritz, 73, of Clinton, died Friday at Mercy Living Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Lloyd T. Weigandt Lloyd T. Weigandt Dec. 13, 1926 - May 21, 2013 LANCASTER, Wis. -- Lloyd T. Weigandt, D.C., of Lancaster, WI passed away on Tuesday May 21, 2013 at Lancaster Care Center, Lancaster, WI. Memorial services will be at 11:00 a.m. Friday May 31st at Lancas
- Diana F. Posey PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Diana F. Posey, 54, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, at OSF St. Francis in Peoria, Ill. Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the ch
- Vernon K. Stidham Vernon K. Stidham Sept. 1, 1937 - May 23, 2013 ROCK ISLAND, Ill. -- Vernon K. Stidham, 75, of Rock Island, passed away Thursday, May 23, 2013 at his home. Services will be private. A memorial fund has been established for his grandchildren's educati
- Marjorie E. Rowe
- Stan McCrudden
- Richard "Rick" A. Hale
- More Obituaries Headlines