Nov. 30, 1956 - Feb. 27, 2013
Richard “Ric” R. Roling, age 56, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at home Wednesday, February 27, 2013 after a long battle with heart problems.
A funeral mass will be held at 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at St. Joseph Catholic Church, Sugar Creek, Iowa. Burial will be in the St. Patrick’s Catholic Cemetery in Delmar, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 3:00-8:00 p.m., Monday, March 4, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston, Iowa with a rosary service at 7:30 p.m. A memorial fund has been established in Ric’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Ric was born November 30, 1956, the son of Sylvester and Mary Ann (Luskey) Roling-Koop in Clinton, Iowa, stepson of Jack Koop. He attended Northeast High School in Goose Lake.
Ric worked for Waldorf, later referred to as Rocktenn, in Clinton as a printer operator for 21 years. He was a member of the Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Clinton. Richard enjoyed riding motorcycles, especially Harley’s, building model rockets and airplanes. He cherished the time spent with his nieces, nephew, and his great niece. He loved time spent with his favorite Siamese cat, Harley and his friend Kate Rice.
Ric will be dearly missed by his twin brother, Ron (Carol) Roling, Clinton; two sisters Connie (Ron) Jurgs, Davenport, Iowa and Dixie (Darrel) Ploog, Goose Lake, Iowa; two nieces, Kym and Dani Roling; one nephew, Dylan Ploog; great niece, Annabell Roling and friend, Kate Rice of Clinton.
He is preceded in death by both parents and his grandparents.
Pallbearer’s for Ric’s service will be Dennis Weimerskirch, Loran Roling, Craig Yoerger, Dale Schroeder, Ron Sullivan and Harold McClure.
Death date: Feb. 27, 2013
Nov. 30, 1956 - Feb. 27, 2013
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines