FULTON, Ill. —
Oct. 15, 1936 - March 4, 2013
Sylvia J. Hammond, 76, of Fulton, died Monday, March 4, 2013, at Yuma Regional Medical Center in Yuma, Ariz.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, March 11, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Pastor Jim Machen Jr., associate pastor of Church of the Open Door in Clinton, Iowa, will officiate. Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 10, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery in Fulton.
Memorials will be established.
She was born October 15, 1936, in Pineville, KY, to James Francis and Cinderella (Haley) Baird.
Sylvia was a graduate of Fulton High School.
She first married Donald C. “Bud” Remrey on May 28, 1955, in Fulton; he died January 10, 1987. She later married David R. “Butch” Hammond on December 22, 2002, in Morrison, Ill.
Sylvia was a homemaker and later employed by Clinton Electric Motors Company in Clinton, Iowa.
Sylvia enjoyed reading and caring for her family and friends. She also loved going to the Casino with Joyce VonThun.
Survivors include her husband, David “Butch” Hammond of Fulton; three daughters: Patsy (Jack) Wright of Dixon, Ill., Donna (John) Erkan of Mount Morris, Ill., Beth (Dan) VanKampen of Fulton; one son, Steven (Mary Howes) Baird of Coralville, Iowa; one stepdaughter, Tammy Wallace of Clinton, Iowa; two stepsons, James Hammond of Clinton, Iowa, and Richard Hammond of Maquoketa, Iowa; 5 grandchildren; 6 great-grandchildren; 7 stepgrandchildren; 10 stepgreat-grandchildren; two sisters, Eunice Weller of Clinton and Nan (Don) Loftus of Fulton; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her first husband, Donald Remrey.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: March 4, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Oct. 15, 1936 - March 4, 2013
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Vincent 'Vince' Vesely SAVANNA, Ill. -- Vincent "Vince" Vesely, 78, of Hanover, Ill., died Sunday at home. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Hanover. Visitation will be held prior to the service at the funeral home from noo
- Mary K. Jones Mary K. Jones June 26, 1927 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary K. Jones, age 85, of Clinton, passed away Saturday, June 15, 2013 at the Alverno Health Care Facility. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at the Pape Funeral Hom
- Robert D. Dykema Fulton, Ill. Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, at home. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mae E. Schmidt Mae E. Schmidt Sept. 4, 1922 - June 13, 2013 NORMAL, Ill. -- Mae E. Schmidt, 90, a resident of Normal, IL, formerly a longtime resident of Davenport, died Thursday, June 13, 2013 at Heritage Manor, Normal. Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Bu
- Ronald L. Carr Ronald L. Carr Feb. 17, 1939 - May 17, 2013 CARMEL, Maine -- Ronald L. Carr, age 74, of Carmel, Maine passed away Friday, May 17th, 2013. He was born Feb. 17th,1939, in Sandwich, IL. Ron is survived by his wife of 54 years, Dixie; sons, Jeffrey of Wi
- Kevin J. Ehredt Kevin J. Ehredt Jan. 14, 1961 - June 14, 2013 CLINTON -- Kevin J. Ehredt, 51, of Clinton, died Friday, June 14, 2013 surrounded by his family at his home. Funeral services will be 4:00 p.m., Monday, June 17, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Fu
- Theodore 'Ted' Venhuizen MORRISON, Ill. -- Theodore "Ted" Venhuizen, 90, of Morrison, died Wednesday, at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with Ken Renkes, director of
- Bradley Giddins Camanche Bradley Giddins Bradley Giddins, 52, of Camanche, died Thursday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines