May 1, 1922 - Sept. 27, 2012
Virginia W. Kennedy, 90, of Camanche, Iowa died, Thursday, September 27, 2012 at Eagle Point Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Clinton. Memorial services will be held at St. Mark’s Methodist Church on Saturday, September 29, 2012 at 1 p.m. Visitation will be from Noon until the service hour at the church. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
Virginia was born May 1, 1922 in Mandan, ND, the daughter of James E. and Mildred (McCone) Wells. She was a 1940 graduate of Clinton High School.
She was employed at General Electric as a line worker for more than ten years, retiring in 1987. She was a WWII United States Marine Corps veteran. Virginia was a member of St. Mark’s Methodist Church, Camanche.
Survivors include her daughter, Debra Hosette-Porter of Carlock, IL; step-daughter, Arnette Ball of Clinton; grandchildren, Patrick (Emily) Cooper and Lindsey (Nate) Gura; step-grandchildren, Christopher Ball and Mindy Ball and great-grandsons, Gavin, Payton, Anthony, Aiden and Salvator.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, a step-son, two brothers and three sisters.
Memorials may be made to the VFW or AMVETS.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Sept. 27, 2012
May 1, 1922 - Sept. 27, 2012
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines