Sept. 4, 2012
John “Jack” McAvoy, age 88, of Elma, IA, died Tuesday, September 4, 2012, at Colonial Manor in Elma.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, September 6, 2012, with a Rosary at 4:30 p.m. and a Scriptural wake service at 7:30 p.m.at Conway-Markham Funeral Home in Elma, IA. Visitation will continue at the funeral home one hour prior to the funeral Mass on Friday. Online condolences for the family may be left at www.conway-markhamfh.com. Memorials may be directed to the family.
Mass of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, September 7, 2012, at Immaculate Conception Church in Elma with Father Steve Garner celebrating. Burial will follow in Calvary Cemetery at Elma.
Jack is survived by his wife, Lois, of Elma; his children, Frank (Pat) McAvoy of Ft. Dodge, Carolyn Cozzolino of Camanche, Joni (Joe) Palmersheim of Atkins, Mary (Don) Hildman of Britt, Karla Gardner of Mason City, Beth (Mitch) Zadow of Britt, Mike (special friend, Toni) McAvoy of Aredale, Jim McAvoy of Alta Vista; sister, Marlene Hogan of Waterloo; fourteen grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Death date: Sept. 4, 2012
Sept. 4, 2012
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines