March 18, 1934 - Sept. 4, 2012
Maynard Harold Kohl, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, passed peacefully at his home on Tuesday, September 4, 2012. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, September 8, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, September 7. Burial will immediately follow the funeral service at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Maynard was born March 18, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Maynard and Alice (Hannasan) Kohl. He served his Country in the U.S. Navy. Maynard was united in marriage to Shirley Mason on July 22, 1995, in Clinton, Iowa.
Maynard was an iron worker, employed with various construction firms throughout his career.
Maynard enjoyed the outdoors, especially hunting and fishing and he loved riding his motorcycle.
Maynard is survived by his loving wife, Shirley; two daughters, Marcy McDonald of White Bear, MN, and Lenora; three stepdaughters, Nancy Powell of Clinton, IA, Debbie (Brian) Ray of Clinton, IA, Betty (Bob) Allmandinger of Clinton, IA; one stepson, John (Lois) Wilson of Clinton, IA; one grandson, Brandon Edwards of Sioux City, IA; nine stepgrandchildren and many stepgreat-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four sisters and two brothers.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Sept. 4, 2012
March 18, 1934 - Sept. 4, 2012
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines