Dean Dale Wing
March 25, 1931-Jan. 5, 2013
CLINTON — Dean Dale Wing, 81, of Clinton, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, on January 5, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, January 9, at Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, January 8, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at the Clinton Lawn cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Dean was born March 25, 1931, in Maquoketa, Iowa, the son of Edwin and Elda (Huebbe) Wing.
Following his graduation from Elvira High School in 1949, he enlisted in the U.S. Army. As a Private First Class, Dean saw active service during the Korean War. During his service he was part of an elite paratrooper squad that made numerous missions of rescue and diversionary tactics behind enemy lines. He received many medals for his valor.
Dean was united in marriage to Chelly Mae Clark in Laurinburg, North Carolina, in April of 1954. They celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary last April.
He was a member of the American Legion in Miles Iowa and the VFW in DeWitt, Iowa.
Dean worked as a farmer for 30 plus years and also drove a truck for Determan Inc.
He enjoyed the outdoors especially hunting and fishing, even acquiring a commercial fishing license. He enjoyed spending time with his friends and attending his high school reunions. Above all he loved his family, especially his grandchildren.
Dean is survived by his wife, Chelly Mae; one son, Jim (Lynn) of Bettendorf, IA; one granddaughter, Sarah of Bettendorf; two grandsons, Douglas of Clinton, IA, Derek of West Des Moines, Iowa; and one great-great-grandson, Kasdyn; four sisters, Delores of Virginia, Laura of Clinton, Iowa, Linda of Preston, Iowa, Susie of Burlington, Iowa; one brother, Calvin of Morrison; and many nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two sisters and seven brothers.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 5, 2013
Dean Dale Wing
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- Dr. Mary J. Pettersen HAMMOND, Ind. -- Dr. Mary J. Pettersen, age 84, of Hammond, died Saturday. A celebration of her life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Interment will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, Maquoketa. There wa
- Sheryl Kay Cotter Sheryl Kay Cotter September 24, 1943-May 14, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheryl Kay Cotter, 69, of Clinton, Iowa, lost her battle with cancer on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at Mercy Living Center North, Clinton, with her husband at her side. Her funeral services will
- Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch March 10, 1921-April 24, 2013 MESA, Ariz., MORRISON, Ill. -- Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch, 92, of Mesa and formerly of Morrison, died April 24, 2013, in Mesa. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, May 18, 2013, at the Morrison U
- Harold Galloway Grand Mound Harold Galloway Harold Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. Arrangements are pending with Schultz Funeral Homes.
- Durwin 'Dur' K. Wilhelm Preston Durwin 'Dur' K. Wilhelm Durwin "Dur" K. Wilhelm, 59, of Preston, died Tuesday at home. Funeral arrangements are pending with Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston.
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Barbara J. Determann