Sept. 17, 1925 - Jan. 23, 2013
Kazimiera Aleksandra Wilus, 87, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Wednesday, January 23, 2013, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial will follow in the St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 9:30 a.m. until the service hour at the church. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
Kazimiera was born in Ruski Brod, Poland, on September 17, 1925, the daughter of Walenty and Jozefa (Bomba) Gebski. She survived World War II and a forced labor camp in Germany. After the war she met and fell in love with and married Stefan Wilus and soon after gave birth to her first child, Teresa, at a refugee camp in Wildflecken, Germany. They eventually immigrated to the United States in 1950 where they began their new life in Clinton, Iowa, through the sponsorship of the Sisters of St. Francis at Mount St. Clare. In 1951, she gave birth to her son; Jerzy. Kazimiera was accomplished at cooking, and enjoyed crocheting, knitting and gardening.
She is survived by her son, Jerzy (Elvia) Wilus of Rio Rico, AZ; grandchildren, Kimberly Chapin of San Francisco, CA and Kazimiera “Miera” (John) Reynolds of Kansas City, MO; sister, Alicja Gorman of Clinton; three nephews, Bill, Tom and Steve Gorman; and a niece and nephew on Poland.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Stefan, on September 8, 2002. She was also preceded by her parents; her daughter, Teresa Wilus; sister, Janka; and brother, Kazimierz.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Sisters of St. Francis, Genesis Hospice or the Alverno.
Death date: Jan. 23, 2013
Sept. 17, 1925 - Jan. 23, 2013
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- More Obituaries Headlines