Jan. 15, 1914 - Jan. 30, 2013
Adeline M. Lahti, 99, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Bickford Cottage on January 30, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, February 1, at the Zion Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held one hour prior to the funeral service from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Zion Lutheran Church. Burial will take place at Springdale Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Adeline was born on January 15, 1914, in Preston, Iowa, the daughter of Herman and Paulena (Haller) Meyer. She was united in marriage to Eino Lahti on February 8, 1936, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, Preston, Iowa.
Adeline was self-employed working as an income tax bookkeeper and for the Post Office.
Adeline loved music and was a member of many singing groups including: The Young at Heart group, Clintonetts group, Rebeka’s Lodge, The North End Lyons and Lyonetts group and the Zion Lutheran Church choir. She was also a member of the Lyons Civic Club.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and two brothers.
Memorials may be directed to the Zion Lutheran Church.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
Jan. 15, 1914 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- More Obituaries Headlines