Robert Delbert ‘Bob’ Klemme
July 6, 1921-Aug. 19, 2012
PRESTON — Robert Delbert “Bob” Klemme, age 91, of Preston, died Sunday, August 19, 2012, at home.
Bob was born July 6, 1921, in Van Buren Township, rural Preston, the son of August and Edith (Lingle) Klemme. He attended the Buckeye Country School. Bob served in the U.S. Army from 1942 to 1946 during World War II on the battlefield in Rhineland Central Europe. After returning to the Preston area, Bob met his sweetheart, Marielda Schaefer. They were married April 27, 1949, in Clinton, Iowa.
Bob worked at DuPont for thirty years, retiring in 1979. After his retirement he liked to go fishing, hunting and camping. He also enjoyed gardening and cutting his lawn. Bob was a member of the Preston American Legion Post Tompkins-Jenkins #602.
Survivors include his wife, Marielda Klemme, of Preston; his son, Delbert (Diane) Klemme of Preston; three daughters, Marlene (Lee) Johnson of Maquoketa, Iowa, Doris (Rick) Budde of Bellevue, Iowa, and Ruth (Lonnie) Helmle of Spragueville; thirteen grandchildren; twenty great-grandchildren with two on the way; five stepgreat-grandchildren; and two sisters, Adline Kinter of Clinton and Phyllis Pickett of Preston.
Bob was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Wilbert and Albert; and a sister, Margaret Taplin.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, August 22, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston. A celebration of life service will be held 10:30 a.m. Thursday, August 23, 2012, at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Preston Cemetery.
Online condolences and tributes may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Death date: Aug. 19, 2012
Robert Delbert ‘Bob’ Klemme
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines