Jan. 10, 1932 - July 1, 2012
Shirley Kay Wallace, 80, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, July 1, 2012 at Mercy North, Clinton.
Services will be held at the Community Reformed Church, Clinton, on Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 10 a.m. Visitation will be at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home & Crematory on Wednesday, July 4, 2012 from 1 to 5 p.m. and from 9 a.m. until the service hour Thursday at the church. Burial will be at the Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt, IA.
Shirley was born January 10, 1932 in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Salem and Florence (Edleman) McConaughy. She was a 1950 graduate of Clinton High School and attended the Bebout College of Chiropractic in Indianapolis.
Shirley married William Dean Wallace on November 6, 1955 in Clinton. She was employed as a sales clerk at Petersen Harned Von Maur and Guzzardo’s Book Nook for many years prior to retiring.
Shirley’s greatest passions were her faith, family, and friends. She was a charter member of the Community Reformed Church, where she was very active. Her most treasured times were spent with her husband, children, and grandchildren. Shirley was a compassionate, loving and kind hearted person.
Survivors include her husband, W. Dean Wallace of Clinton; daughter, Amy Wallace of Cedar Rapids, IA; sons, Dean S. (Judy) Wallace and David (Kim) Wallace both of Clinton and five grandchildren.
Shirley was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Memorials may be made to the Community Reformed Church.
Online condolence may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: July 1, 2012
Jan. 10, 1932 - July 1, 2012
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines