Sept. 18, 1935 - March 3, 2013
Ann Sullivan, 77, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 3, 2013, at the Alverno Nursing Home, Clinton.
A Funeral Mass will be 9 a.m. Saturday, March 9, 2013, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Burial will be in the St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery, Clinton. Serving as pallbearers will be Andrew Crow, Michael Sullivan, Tom Koester, Jenny Schaffer, Al Reynolds, and John Moffit. Visitation will be Friday from 2 to 8 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Beverly Anne Crow was born on September 18, 1935, in Lowell, Kansas, the daughter of Cecil and Coral (Williams) Crow. She was a 1953 graduate of Galena High School, Galena, Illinois. She then attended Platteville State Teachers College. She married Thomas J. Sullivan on July 10, 1960, in Rantoul, Illinois; he died July 2, 1994.
Ann started her working career as a merchandise buyer for Roshek's Department Store in Dubuque, later moving to Cedar Rapids and working at Cramer’s Department Store. She then moved to Rockford, Illinois, with her husband and started Shakey’s Pizza Parlor. She and her husband moved to Clinton in 1972 and started the Shot Tower Inn operating it until 1983. She managed Steven’s Department Store at the Northpark Mall in Davenport, Iowa, until she and Tom became the managers of the Clinton Country Club retiring in 2004.
Ann was an avid golfer, serving many capacities in the sport including: the Lincoln Highway Golf League, past president of the Ingerssol Women’s Golf Association, past chairman of the Rockford Women’s Golf Tournament and carding a hole in one. She also enjoyed bowling and was a member of PEO Chapter JW. She was a member of the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche.
Ann is survived by three brothers, James L. Crow of Rockford, Illinois, Guy (Nancy) Crow of Galena, Illinois, Billy Ray (Doris) Crow of Dubuque, Iowa; her sister, Dixie Davis of Richardson, Texas; nieces and nephews: Cory (Kevin) Crow-Geary of New York, New York, Andrew Thomas Crow of Rockford, Illinois, Patrick (Teresa) Sullivan of Bennett, Wisconsin, Michael (Marguerite) Sullivan of Newton, North Carolina, Daniel (Sherry) Sullivan of Clinton, Randy James Crow of Palm Springs, California, Todd James Crow of Chicago, Illinois, and Jill Crow of Moline, Illinois, Scott (Debbie) Davis of Whitesboro, Texas, Jeff (Kathy) Davis of McKinney, Texas, Anne Michelle (Bill) McCausland, Tampa, Florida; great nieces and nephews: Karley Ann Marie Sullivan and Michael Patrick Sullivan of Clinton, Amy Sullivan and Kaitlyn Sullivan of Newton, North Carolina, and Parker Geary of New York, New York.
Ann was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and her sister, Rama Jean Mutascio.
Memorials can be made to the family to establish an annual girl's golf scholarship at Clinton High School.
Death date: March 3, 2013
Sept. 18, 1935 - March 3, 2013
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines