Nov. 7, 1929 - March 5, 2013
Marvin P. Ketelsen, age 83, of Clinton, passed away Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation or funeral services. In following Marvin’s wishes he deeded his body to the University of Iowa, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology. A memorial service will be held at a later date. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Marvin was born in Clinton on November 7, 1929, the son of Karl and Amanda (Ketelsen) Ketelsen. He served the U.S. Navy during the Korean War. He married Sharon Anderson on April 26, 1959, at Chancy Lutheran Church. Marvin was employed with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad. He and his wife also farmed north of Clinton for many years. Marvin was a charter member of Chancy Lutheran Church.
Marvin is survived by his wife, Sharon; three daughters, Lisa Ketelsen of Tempe, AZ, Laura (Frank) Blake of Bloomingdale, IL, and Lynne (Jack) Thomas of Sycamore, IL; two granddaughters, Casey Jepsen and Katie Blake; his sister, Arlene (Henry) Langrehr of Clinton; two brothers, Ken (Artie) Ketelsen and Richard (Janette) Ketelsen both of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three brothers, Harold, Raymond and Gilbert.
Memorials may be made to Chancy Lutheran Church or the charity of your choice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: March 5, 2013
Nov. 7, 1929 - March 5, 2013
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines