Sept. 11, 1919 - Feb. 22, 2013
Pearl R. Fish, age 93, of Clinton, passed away Friday, February 22, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North.
In following Pearl’s wishes cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 28, 2013 at the Community Congregational Church, UCC. A Memorial Service will begin at 11:00 a.m. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. In lieu of flowers the family request memorials made to the Community Congregational Church. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Pearl was born in Morrisville, Jo Davies County, IL on September 11, 1919, the daughter of Will Carlton and Sarah Myrtle (Bohm) Robinson. She married Fred Fish on December 29, 1950 in Clinton. Fred passed away on November 5, 1994. Pearl had worked with Fowler Bruce Development Center for special needs children and had provided child care at her home. She was a very active member of Community Congregational Church with involvement in women’s Fellowship and as Superintendent and teacher in the Sunday School program. She was a member of XYZ Fellowship and had served as secretary of Church Women’s United. Pearl had been a co-leader of a girl scout troop, and for four years, a day camp counselor, a member of the Horace Mann PTA, and a former member of the Red Hat Society.
Pearl is survived by three daughters; Deanna Galbraith and Charlene Speakman both of Clinton and Margaret “Peggy” (Paul) Matlin of Salt Lake City; one daughter-in-law, Judy Sirkis of Phoenix; nine grandchildren; six great grandchildren; three great-great grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; three step-great grandchildren; one brother, Dean Robinson of Thomson; one sister-in-law, Rose Robinson of Franklin, TN; and many loving nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one son Barry; one daughter-in-law Carolyn Cherry Fish; one son-in-law, Mike Galbraith; three sisters, Marjorie Eubanks, Frances Lego and Marsha Griffith and one brother, Richard Robinson. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 22, 2013
Sept. 11, 1919 - Feb. 22, 2013
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- William Joseph Pokorny William Joseph Pokorny March 25, 1952 - June 15, 2013 BRYANT --William Joseph Pokorny, 61, of Bryant, Iowa passed away peacefully at his home on June 15th, 2013. Honoring his wishes, cremation rights have been accorded with a private celebration of h
Dean Brian Dahlin
LeClaire Dean Brian Dahlin Dean Brian Dahlin, 55, of LeClaire, died Sunday at his home. Services are pending at Weerts Funeral Home, Davenport.
- Robert D. Dykema Robert D. Dykema Aug. 25, 1932 - June 14, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Robert D. Dykema, 80, of Fulton, died Friday, June 14, 2013, at his home. Memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral
- Julie Ann Hutchins Merced, Calif. Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins Julie Ann (Dieckmann) Hutchins, 47, of Merced, Calif. and formerly of Calamus, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines