April 4, 1930 - August 11, 2012
Dale Clair Mueller, 82, died Saturday, August 11, 2012, in his Monticello area farm home with family by his side following a brief illness.
Funeral services will be held 11 a.m. Thursday morning, August 16, 2012, at the Wayne Zion Lutheran Church rural Monticello with interment in the Wayne Zion Cemetery with military honors. Pastor Ellery Dykeman will officiate at the services. Friends may call from 4 until 7 Wednesday at the Goettsch Funeral Home, Monticello. Thoughts, memories and condolences may be left at www.goettschonline.com.
Dale is survived by his wife; son, Marlon (Nancy), West Des Moines; daughter Mareda Pierce, Monticello; and three grandsons, Jacob and Andrew Mueller and Joshua Pierce; and two sisters, Dolores (Richard) Johnson, Calamus and Beverly (Melvin) Ilg, DeWitt.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a grandson David Michael Mueller.
Dale was born April 4, 1930, near Calamus, Iowa, the son of the late Clarence and Edith (Smith) Mueller. He attended Calamus School and began farming at age 16 with his Uncle Alvin Smith near Grand Mound. Then in 1963 he moved to Monticello to a family farm in Wayne Township, Jones County. Dale married Maldean Dirks on June 23, 1956, at Wayne Zion Lutheran Church, rural Monticello.
He was a veteran of the Korean War, VFW member, honorary FFA member and served as treasurer of Jones County Extension Council, a 4-H leader of Wayne Wranglers, member of the MVMPA Ag Board, Chairman of Jones County ASCS where he served many capacities from 1968-87.
Dale was a member of the Wayne Zion Lutheran Church where he served as Youth Leader, Council Member, President and for the last many years he managed the cemetery.
A memorial fund has been established.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
April 4, 1930 - August 11, 2012
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines