Morrison, Ill. —
Marvin C. Tervelt
Jan. 29, 1917-Oct. 10, 2012
MORRISON, Ill. — Marvin C. Tervelt, 95, of Morrison, died Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012, at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Ken Renkes, director of congregational care at Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, will be officiating. Visitation will be noon until the service time Saturday, October 13, 2012, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in the Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice, Clinton, Iowa.
He was born January 29, 1917, in Fenton, Ill., to Lena Tervelt.
Marvin was educated in Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
He married Eleanor J. Holesinger on February 21, 1940, in Morrison; she died September 11, 2007.
Marvin was employed by the United States Post Office in Morrison for 35 years having served as postmaster for many of those years. He also worked as a postmaster trainer. Following his retirement, he worked as a director’s assistant for the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Homes.
Marvin was a member of the Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison and served as an elder, deacon and adult Sunday school teacher. He was a member of the Morrison Lions Club and the Toast Masters Club. He was an avid and skilled woodworker and diehard Cubs fan.
Survivors include one daughter, Larinda Tervelt (Joe Pearson) of Avondale Estates, GA; three sons, Richard (Bonnie) Tervelt of Burlington, NC, Ronald (Carole) Tervelt of Clayton, CA, and Larry (Deb) Tervelt of Loves Park, Ill.; eleven grandchildren; and sixteen great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Eleanor; and one great-granddaughter, Gracelyn Barnes.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 10, 2012
Morrison, Ill. —
Marvin C. Tervelt
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- More Obituaries Headlines