In Loving Memory - Orville Henry Meyer
Orville Henry Meyer, 93, of Clinton, Iowa, died Friday, November 9, 2012, at the Alverno. Services will be Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at 10 a.m. at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will be Tuesday, November 13, 2012, from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Jerome Burken, Scott Hansen, Bernhard Bahnsen, Ron Lampe, Leroy Andresen, Jim Ebensberger, Todd Mangler and Bill Allen. Vic Camp will be an honorary pallbearer.
Orville was born April 30, 1919, near Goose Lake, Iowa, the son of Harry and Amanda (Moehr) Drossal. He was adopted by John Meyer after his father died. He married Lucille Christiansen on August 22, 1948, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Orville farmed northwest of Elvira and was a salesman for Feeder Supply in Elvira. He retired in 1995.
He was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church, the Low Moor Lions Club and the Clinton Eagles Club.
Survivors include his wife, Lucille, of Clinton; brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Don and Evelyn Mohr of Elvira; and two nieces and two nephews.
Orville was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorials may be made to the Elvira Food Pantry, Low Moor Lions Club or a favorite charity.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 9, 2012
In Loving Memory - Orville Henry Meyer
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines