Dec. 30, 1945 - July 4, 2012
Marilyn J. Bentley, 66, of Dubuque, left her earthly responsibilities at 2:12 a.m., Wednesday, July 4, 2012 and will continue her work as an angel in heaven.
Visitation will be Sunday, July 8, from 4 to 6 pm at St. Peter Lutheran Church, Dubuque. Memorial services will be Monday, July 9, 2012 at 11:00 a.m. at St. Peter Lutheran Church where there will also be a visitation from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. The Egelhof, Siegert & Casper Westview Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Dubuque, is in charge of arrangements.
Marilyn was born December 30, 1945 in Clinton, Iowa, daughter of Richard and Jane (Winter) Hendricks. She graduated from Clinton High School in 1964. On July 2, 1966 she married Roger Bentley at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa.
Marilyn received her B.S.E from Wayne State College in 1971 and her M.A.E from Loras College in 1993. She worked as a teacher and counselor for the Dubuque Community School District for 34 years, retiring in 2007. She was a member of the Finley Auxiliary and St. Peter Lutheran Church. She enjoyed baking desserts, boating, had a life-long love of learning, and shared her love with others.
For eight years she faced the challenge of cancer with courage and grace.
Marilyn is survived by her husband, Roger Bentley of Dubuque; two sons, Casey (Laura) Bentley of Marion, Iowa and their children, Connor and Caitlyn; and Noah (Jennifer) Bentley of Castalia, Iowa and their children, Owen and Addison; two daughters, Erica (Ryan) Heise of Lenexa, Kansas and their children, Ainsley, Cooper and Bohde; and Megan (Nick) Meier of Dubuque and their unborn child due in October.
She is also survived by a brother, Jock (Bonnie) Hendricks of Clinton, Iowa and a sister, Sandra Dennes of San Antonio, Texas.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be given to Hospice of Dubuque, Dubuque Internal Medicine, Oncology Dept., and St. Peter Lutheran Church.
The family would like to thank Dr. Mark Hermann and nurses Sandy, Linda, Judy, Terry and Jackie and Tony Heiar, all of Dubuque Internal Medicine Oncology as well as the nurses and staff at Hospice of Dubuque, especially Dawn, Megan, Jan and Lisa.
Death date: July 4, 2012
Dec. 30, 1945 - July 4, 2012
- Gunnel Maria Lundquist MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Gunnel Maria Lundquist, 96, of Mount Carroll, died Thursday at the Carroll County Good Samaritan Center in Mount Carroll. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at the Mount Carroll United Methodist Church with the
- Carlyle A. Rickertsen Carlyle A. Rickertsen April 11, 1944 - May 21, 2013 WYOMING, Iowa -- Carlyle A. Rickertsen, 69, of Wyoming formerly of Maquoketa, died Tuesday May 21, 2013 at his home following an extended illness. Friends may call from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday
- Jean Renner Maquoketa Jean Renner Jean Renner, 78, of Maquoketa, died Friday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Jule E. Luckritz Clinton Jule E. Luckritz Jule E. Luckritz, 73, of Clinton, died Friday at Mercy Living Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Lloyd T. Weigandt Lloyd T. Weigandt Dec. 13, 1926 - May 21, 2013 LANCASTER, Wis. -- Lloyd T. Weigandt, D.C., of Lancaster, WI passed away on Tuesday May 21, 2013 at Lancaster Care Center, Lancaster, WI. Memorial services will be at 11:00 a.m. Friday May 31st at Lancas
- Diana F. Posey PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Diana F. Posey, 54, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, at OSF St. Francis in Peoria, Ill. Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the ch
- Vernon K. Stidham Vernon K. Stidham Sept. 1, 1937 - May 23, 2013 ROCK ISLAND, Ill. -- Vernon K. Stidham, 75, of Rock Island, passed away Thursday, May 23, 2013 at his home. Services will be private. A memorial fund has been established for his grandchildren's educati
- Marjorie E. Rowe
- Stan McCrudden
- Richard "Rick" A. Hale
- More Obituaries Headlines