Morrison, Ill. —
Sheila J. Schipper
Nov. 19, 1950-Oct. 10, 2012
MORRISON, Ill. — Sheila J. Schipper, 61, of Morrison, died Wednesday October 10, 2012, at OSF St Anthony Medical Center, Rockford.
She was born on November 19, 1950, in Sterling, the daughter of Neil and Joan (Callahan) Carlson and was a 1968 graduate of Tampico High School. She married Lyle E. Upton on September 21, 1968. She later married Roger Schipper on August 11, 1978. Sheila worked in the Whiteside County Circuit Clerks office for 30 years, with the last 6 years working as Circuit Clerk. She retired in February 2011. She attended Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison. Her love for her grandchildren and her job was unsurpassed. She enjoyed traveling to Florida, fishing and her Monday night golf league in Morrison.
Surviving is her husband, Roger; three children: Tory (Holly) Upton of Bloomington, Dawn (Paul) DeSchepper of Moline and Angela (Ron) Kuykendall of Erie; her stepmother, Mary V. Carlson of Rock Falls; her sisters: Barb (Mike) Sage of Prophetstown, Robyn Gillman (Jay Moresi) of Deer Grove and Karen Heyvaert (Jeff Bos) of Morrison; 10 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her sister, Beth Ballard.
Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison. Funeral services will follow on Saturday at 10 a.m. at the church with Reverend Gerald Norman and Mr. Ken Renkes co-officiating. Burial will be at Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison. Arrangements by the McDonald Funeral Home, Fulton.
Memorials in her memory to the Juvenile Diabetes Association.
Death date: Oct. 10, 2012
Morrison, Ill. —
Sheila J. Schipper
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines