Feb. 21, 1932 - Oct. 14, 2012
Clarice Lavon Hoefer, of 210 Austin Ct. Apt. 10, Epworth, Iowa, died Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:30 a.m., at her home in Epworth, Iowa.
Friends and relatives of Clarice Lavon may call from 2 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at the Reiff Funeral Home in Epworth, Iowa, where a wake service will be held at 7:30 p.m.
Services for Clarice Lavon will be held at 10:30 a.m., Thursday, October 18, 2012 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Epworth, Iowa, with Rev. John Haugen Presiding. Burial will be held in St. Patrick’s Cemetery in Epworth, Iowa.
Clarice Lavon was born February 21, 1932, in Epworth, Iowa, daughter of Leroy and Marie (Steffens) Smith. On February 15, 1950, she was united in marriage to Charles Hoefer at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Farley, Iowa. Clarice was an avid fan of the Cubs.
She worked at Ertl Company for 23 years, until her retirement in 1991. After retirement she enjoyed subbing at Headstart in Epworth. She enjoyed many card clubs, she was always ready for a good game of Aggravation. She also enjoyed making Rosaries for first communions.
She is survived by her Husband, Charles Hoefer of Epworth, I A; Five children, Steve “Buck” Hoefer of Epworth, IA, Stan (Nancy) Hoefer of Epworth, IA Vickie (Gene) Nauman of Lake-In-Hills, IL, Cindy (Joe) Leibold of Farley, IA, and Dennis “D.J.” (Barb) Hoefer of Clinton, IA; Eighteen Grandchildren, Heather Waite, Sarah Hoefer, Jamie (Kristy) Hoefer, Tony Hoefer, Andy (Crystal) Hoefer, Kristy (Brent) Goldsmith, Mindie (Trace) Gosell, Katie (Jarad) Alley, Rex Nauman, Kellie (Bob) Ward, Charles Elsinger (& friend, Tina McQuillen), Michael Elsinger, Andrew (Elizabeth) Elsinger, Nicholas (& friend, Carrie Schueller), Valoree, Danielle, Scott and Todd Hoefer; thirteen Great Grandchildren that were her pride & joy; five sisters, Margie Frank of Dubuque, I A, Mitzie (Dave) Hosch of Cascade, IA, Sally Coyle of Cascade, IA, Karen Smith of Dubuque, IA, and Kay Smith of Dubuque, IA; one brother, Virgil (Mary) Smith of Cascade, IA; brothers and sisters-in-law, John (Virgina) Hoefer of Farley, IA, Kathleen Funke of Worthington, IA, Bill (Ann) Hoefer of Marion, IA, Melvin Leibold of Dubuque, IA and Veda Smith of Clinton, IA.
She is preceded in death by her parents Leroy and Marie Smith; sisters Virginia Leibold and Dorothy (Dutch) Lehman; brother Jim Smith; brothers and sisters-in-law, Paul Lehman, Carl Frank, Melvin Coyle, Clara and Gene Kuehn, Genevieve and Ray Regan, Maurice and Norine Hoefer, Don Funke, and Helen Haberman.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.reiffruneralhomeinc.com.
The family would like to thank Dr. Dolehide and staff, Dr. Kukla and Staff and the staff of Hospice of Dubuque for all their care and compassion.
Also a very special thanks to the Tony and Gerarda Keppler family for fulfilling Lavon’s wish to enjoy a Merry Christmas at their place.
Death date: Oct. 14, 2012
Feb. 21, 1932 - Oct. 14, 2012
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines