Oct. 12, 1960 - Oct. 17, 2012
Karen Leigh Snodgrass of Camanche, IA, passed away in Iowa City on October 17, 2012.
She was born October 12, 1960 in Brooklyn New York. Her parents were Donald Alexander Blood of Alameda, CA and Carole Anne Blood of Kendall Park, NJ. Karen joined the United States Navy at age 17 and was stationed in Norfolk Virginia where she met her first husband Joseph Marheine. Joseph and Karen had four children together. Joseph died December 2nd, 2000.
She married Art Snodgrass August 10, 2002 in Long Grove, Iowa at Saint Anne’s church.
She leaves behind her brothers Paul K. Blood of Whiting, NJ., and Peter D. Blood of Fort Washington, PA; four children Leighanne, Danielle, Kristen, Joseph Jr.; 4 step-children Troy, Tracie, Tami, and Travis all of Camanche, IA.; and 21 grandchildren Lucas & Tyson; Reagan, Lincoln, Mackenzie & Kenyon; Ciera, Christian, Jesse, Katalina, Joe, Zariah and Dakota; Tanner; Karl and Kaeleigh; Skylar; Matilda; Kiera and Joey.; and her brother and sister-in-law Larry and Pam Snodgrass of Camanche, IA. Karen left behind nieces, nephews, good friends, and many hearts she touched during her life.
She is preceded in death by her parents Carole Anne and Donald Alexander Blood, Joseph Marheine and grandson Michael Alexzander Lietz.
She and her husband Art loved vacationing and gambling. Karen’s favorite place to visit was Riviera Maya, Mexico and Las Vegas. Private Services were held at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Oct. 17, 2012
Oct. 12, 1960 - Oct. 17, 2012
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines