March 20, 1950 - Oct. 24, 2012
David A. Knudson, 62, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Wednesday evening, October 24, 2012, in his home, surrounded by his loving family, following a courageous battle with cancer.
David Alan Knudson was born March 20, 1950, in Clinton, Iowa, to Paul and Alice (Rosenberg) Knudson. He was a 1968 graduate of Clinton High School and was a 1976 graduate of the University of Northern Iowa with a degree in elementary education. Dave taught at the Camanche Middle School for over 25 years until his retirement in 2006. On June 30, 1984, Dave was united in marriage to Sharon Stuedemann at Grace Lutheran Church, DeWitt.
He was a member of Emmaus Road Church, DeWitt, and did some volunteer work in his retirement. He enjoyed VW Beetles, trains, steam engines, and World War II memorabilia, working on old Schwinn bicycles, gardening, Bible studies and spending time with family and friends.
Surviving are his loving wife of 28 years, Sharon; children, Larissa, Loren, Nolan, Danaka and Brennen Knudson, all of DeWitt; brothers, Larry (Patrice) Knudson of Clinton, and Randy Knudson of Austin, Texas; his mother-in-law, Esther Stuedemann of DeWitt; and many relatives and friends.
Dave was preceded in death by his parents, his father-in-law, Elmer Stuedemann and a special nephew, Jacob Youngblut.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Emmaus Road Church, DeWitt, (formerly DeWitt Lutheran Fellowship), from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, October 28, 2012. A Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, October 29, 2012, in the church. Pastor Paul Lang will officiate with burial in Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt. Memorials are suggested to Camp Courageous and Special Olympics.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Arrangements are in care of Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt.
Death date: Oct. 24, 2012
March 20, 1950 - Oct. 24, 2012
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- More Obituaries Headlines