MORRISON, Ill. —
July 7, 1941 - Oct. 27, 2012
Neil B. Johnson, 71, of Morrison, died Saturday, October 27, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton.
Cremation rites have been accorded. Visitation will be 2 p.m. until the time of service Saturday, November 3, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. A memorial service is set for 4 p.m. Saturday, November 3, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Gerald H. Norman, pastor of Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, will be officiating.
Memorials will be established.
He was born July 7, 1941, in Starbuck, MN, to Maurice and Verna (Thompson) Johnson.
Neil was educated in Rockford Grade Schools and attended Rockford East High School in Rockford, Ill.
He first married Barbara J. Johnson. He then married Dorothy VanderVinne-Vanderlaan on December 31, 1997, in Mount Carroll, Ill.; she survives.
Neil was employed in the construction trades. Most recently he was employed as a park ranger at White Pines State Park in Oregon, Ill., and later for Rockwood State Park in Morrison.
Neil was a member of Ducks Unlimited. Neil was an avid outdoorsman enjoying hunting and fishing.
Survivors include his wife, Dorothy; one daughter, Audra Johnson of Madison, Wis.; one son, Wade (Cindy) Johnson of Rockford, Ill.; one stepdaughter, Dawn (Scott) Meurs of Morrison; three stepsons, Dale (Michelle) Vanderlaan of Oak Park, Ill., Doug (Renee) Vanderlaan of Morrison and Darwin (Lisa) Vanderlaan of Morrison; nine grandchildren, Taylor Johnson; Stacy and Cassie Meurs; Grant and Beau Vanderlaan; Hanah and Ben Vanderlaan; Samantha and Cody Vanderlaan; four sisters, Carol Swenson of Rockford, Ill., Connie (Dale) Gustafson of Belvidere, Ill., Sheila (Gary) Kordash of Rockford, Ill., and Sonia (John) Pofelski of Rockford, Ill.; and two brothers, Keith (Darlene) Johnson of Afton, TN, and Marty Johnson of Warren, Ill.
He was preceded in death by one granddaughter, Amanda Conerly; and one brother-in-law, Reg Swenson.
The family requests casual attire for visitation and memorial service.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 27, 2012
MORRISON, Ill. —
July 7, 1941 - Oct. 27, 2012
- Marjorie E. Rowe Maquoketa Marjorie E. Rowe Marjorie E. Rowe, 90, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at Clover Ridge Place in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Timothy Nathan Thomas MAQUOKETA -- Timothy Nathan Thomas, 31, of Maquoketa and formerly of Marion, died Wednesday, after a battle with cancer. A celebration of his life will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be
- James R. Streat Clinton James R. Streat James R. Streat, 67, of Clinton, died Tuesday at his home. Cremation rites have been accorded. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Jane Schulz DEWITT -- Jane Schulz, 59, of Wheatland, formerly of DeWitt, died Wednesday, May 22, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-West, Davenport. Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Friday. A Funeral Service will be held a
- Richard 'Rick' A. Hale Sabula Richard "Rick" A. Hale Richard "Rick" A. Hale, 58, of Long Grove, died Tuesday at New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Law- Jones Funeral Home.
- Anne M. Petersen MORRISON, Ill. -- Anne M. Petersen, 77, of Morrison, died Saturday, at Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m Friday at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Morrison, with the Rev. Father William Antillon, pastor at St. M
- Loretta M. Sosnowski SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- Loretta M. Sosnowski, age 97, passed away May 18, 2013. She is survived by her daughters: JoAnn Jones, of Springfield, MO, and Judy Greggar of Releigh, NC. She will be buried in Fulton, IL. Death date: May 18, 2013
- Mary C. Hicks Maquoketa Mary C. Hicks Mary C. Hicks, 79, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- More Obituaries Headlines