May 8, 1924 - March 8, 2013
Evelyn Jane Huffman, 88, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on March 8, 2013.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, March 13, at 11 a.m. at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held one hour prior to the funeral service from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the funeral home. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Evelyn was born on May 8, 1924, in Boone, Iowa, the daughter of John and Eva (Becker) Sas. She was united in marriage to Glenn Huffman on September 26, 1941, in Boone, Iowa.
Evelyn worked at Dairy Pak for many years. She enjoyed sewing and cooking. She was very involved with her family and took great pride and loved taking care of her family. She will be greatly missed.
Evelyn is survived by five daughters: Charlotte (Ron) Dean of Clermont, FL, Jane (Richard) Anderson of Clinton, IA, Joan Shadle of Clinton, IA, Linda Landers of Henderson, KY, and Connie (Don) Hendrix of New Braunfels, TX; thirteen grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Glenn; her son, Michael; and three brothers.
Memorials may be directed to the family of Evelyn Huffman.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 8, 2013
May 8, 1924 - March 8, 2013
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- Dr. Mary J. Pettersen HAMMOND, Ind. -- Dr. Mary J. Pettersen, age 84, of Hammond, died Saturday. A celebration of her life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Interment will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, Maquoketa. There wa
- Sheryl Kay Cotter Sheryl Kay Cotter September 24, 1943-May 14, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheryl Kay Cotter, 69, of Clinton, Iowa, lost her battle with cancer on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at Mercy Living Center North, Clinton, with her husband at her side. Her funeral services will
- Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch March 10, 1921-April 24, 2013 MESA, Ariz., MORRISON, Ill. -- Ruth (Doonan) Bulfinch, 92, of Mesa and formerly of Morrison, died April 24, 2013, in Mesa. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, May 18, 2013, at the Morrison U
- Harold Galloway Grand Mound Harold Galloway Harold Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. Arrangements are pending with Schultz Funeral Homes.
- Durwin 'Dur' K. Wilhelm Preston Durwin 'Dur' K. Wilhelm Durwin "Dur" K. Wilhelm, 59, of Preston, died Tuesday at home. Funeral arrangements are pending with Law-Jones Funeral Home, Preston.
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Barbara J. Determann