Aug. 11, 1939 - March 8, 2013
Gerald E. Martin, 73, of Camanche, IA, died Friday, March 8, 2013, at Hope Creek Care Center, East Moline, IL.
Funeral services will be held at noon Thursday, March 14, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Visitation will be held from 10 a.m. until the service hour Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery where full military honors will be conducted.
Gerald was born August 11, 1939, in Clinton, IA, the son of Earl and Mildred A. (Holt) Martin. Gerald was a 1958 Clinton High graduate; he received his BA and BTH degrees from Nebraska Christian College and his Master of Divinity from Lincoln Christian Seminary. Gerald married Sandy Howard on October 16, 1960, in Clinton, Iowa.
Col. Gerald E. Martin had been a chaplain in the United States Army for more than 23 years, retiring in 1997. Prior to his military service, he had been a minister in local churches.
Col. Martin is survived by his wife, Sandy, of Clinton; son, Daniel (Robbie) Martin of Elgin, SC; son-in-law, Adam Rogers of Colorado Spring, CO; grandson, Ryan Martin of Elgin, SC; and his sister, Alice V. Fulton of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents; daughter, Dee Jai Martin Rogers; brothers, Robert and Richard Martin; and sister, Mildred Dorsey.
Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 8, 2013
Aug. 11, 1939 - March 8, 2013
- Gunnel Maria Lundquist MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Gunnel Maria Lundquist, 96, of Mount Carroll, died Thursday at the Carroll County Good Samaritan Center in Mount Carroll. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at the Mount Carroll United Methodist Church with the
- Carlyle A. Rickertsen Carlyle A. Rickertsen April 11, 1944 - May 21, 2013 WYOMING, Iowa -- Carlyle A. Rickertsen, 69, of Wyoming formerly of Maquoketa, died Tuesday May 21, 2013 at his home following an extended illness. Friends may call from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday
- Jean Renner Maquoketa Jean Renner Jean Renner, 78, of Maquoketa, died Friday at her home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Jule E. Luckritz Clinton Jule E. Luckritz Jule E. Luckritz, 73, of Clinton, died Friday at Mercy Living Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Lloyd T. Weigandt Lloyd T. Weigandt Dec. 13, 1926 - May 21, 2013 LANCASTER, Wis. -- Lloyd T. Weigandt, D.C., of Lancaster, WI passed away on Tuesday May 21, 2013 at Lancaster Care Center, Lancaster, WI. Memorial services will be at 11:00 a.m. Friday May 31st at Lancas
- Diana F. Posey PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Diana F. Posey, 54, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, at OSF St. Francis in Peoria, Ill. Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the ch
- Vernon K. Stidham Vernon K. Stidham Sept. 1, 1937 - May 23, 2013 ROCK ISLAND, Ill. -- Vernon K. Stidham, 75, of Rock Island, passed away Thursday, May 23, 2013 at his home. Services will be private. A memorial fund has been established for his grandchildren's educati
- Marjorie E. Rowe
- Stan McCrudden
- Richard "Rick" A. Hale
- More Obituaries Headlines