July 27, 1942 - March 20, 2013
Mildred Arlene Huss, 89, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at Mercy Living Center, South Campus, on March 20, 2013.
At Mildred’s request, her body was donated to the Carver College of Medicine at the University of Iowa. A memorial service will be planned at a later date and burial will take place in Perry, Iowa. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Mildred was born May 19, 1923, in Boone, Iowa, the daughter of Sherman and Nora (Fairchild) Hinman. She was a graduate of Luther High School and attended a business school in Des Moines, Iowa, and later was employed at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
On July 27, 1942, she married Edward Huss in Cheyenne, Wyoming. After Ed returned from military service in 1946, they owned and operated a farm implement business for many years in Perry, Iowa.
Mildred and Ed enjoyed 13 winters in south Texas together. After her husband’s death in 1992, she moved to Iowa City, Iowa. In 2001, she moved to Clinton, Iowa. She enjoyed reading and visiting family, friends and her neighbors.
She was a member of the Church of the Visitation in Camanche, Iowa.
Mildred is survived by three children: Gary (Bonnie) Huss of Camanche, IA, Dr. Chuck (Pam) Huss of Iowa City, IA, and Barbara (Joe Shepherd) Bys of Pleasant Prairie, WI; three grandchildren: Heather Hill of Milwaukee, WI, Amy Krueger of Macon, GA, and Joey Bolek of Bolingbrook, IL; eight great-grandchildren; and stepgrandson, Curtis Enochson of Waterloo, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Ed; and three brothers, Carl, Howard and Bernard Hinman.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 20, 2013
July 27, 1942 - March 20, 2013
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines