Sept. 9, 1925 - Sept. 20, 2012
Virtus C. Kammerer, age 87, of Camanche, passed away Thursday, September 20, 2012, at the Alverno Health Care Facility.
Funeral services will be held 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 25th, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held 4 to 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 24th, at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Memorials may be given to the Immanuel Lutheran Church, Camanche, or to Iowa Hospice. Casket bearers will be Jason Golden, Jessica Vineyard, Jason Vineyard, Jennifer Kammerer, Jaime Kammerer, Eric Jensen. Honorary pallbearers will be Michael and Matthew Kammerer. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Virtus was born on Sept. 9, 1925, in DeWitt, IA, the son of Henry and Martha (Mumm) Kammerer. He was a U.S. Army veteran during WWII from 1943-1946, where he served in Germany. He married Darleen Jensen on June 8, 1946, in Clinton; she died in 2010. Virtus worked at International Paper as a roll tender and inspector for over 25 years, retiring in 1991. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Camanche and the American Legion Post #734 in Camanche; where he had served as Commander. He enjoyed fishing, camping, and spending time with his family.
Virtus is survived by his three sons, Ricky (Karen Haverkate) Kammerer of Everett, WA, Steve Kammerer of Clinton and Terry (Jackie) Kammerer of Camanche; seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two daughters, Jane and Gail, a son, Kevin, and three sisters.
Death date: Sept. 20, 2012
Sept. 9, 1925 - Sept. 20, 2012
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- More Obituaries Headlines