Aug. 26, 1933 - Sept. 19, 2012
Arleta M. Murphy, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, September 19, 2012, at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 26, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery.
Arleta was born in Clinton on August 26, 1933, the daughter of Everett and Edith (Simon) Stone. She graduated from Lyons High School in 1951. She married Donald Murphy on November 22, 1952, in Clinton. Donald passed away in 1997. Arleta had been employed in the Accounting Department with Carstensen Freight Lines and later a Real Estate Associate with Better Homes. She was a member of the former St. Irenaeus Church. Arleta was very active in the Democratic party. She was a driving force in the Lyons High School yearly reunions and a volunteer for Mobile Meals. She liked going out and spending time with her friends and had a great love for her dog, Maddie.
Arleta is survived by her daughter, Kathy Murphy, of Anchorage, Alaska; three sisters, June Flaskerud of West Union, Iowa, Lou Link of Dallas, and Charlotte (Robert) Ortiz of Moline; her brother, Everett (Marlene) Stone of Clinton; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Sept. 19, 2012
Aug. 26, 1933 - Sept. 19, 2012
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines