Oct. 2, 1923 - Sept. 27, 2012
Edward E. “Ed” Rehr, age 88, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, September 27, 2012 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton.
In following Ed’s wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A Memorial Service will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Monday, October 1st at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Clinton. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Ed was born in Lyons on October 2, 1923, the son of Leonard and Fern (Miller) Rehr. He married Martha Best on June 20, 1948 in Clinton. Martha passed away on September 15, 1991. He later married Norma Schneider on June 24, 2001 in Clinton. Ed was employed with the Curtis Company, for many years at Clinton Corn Processing Company and later with Central Steel from where he retired. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
He enjoyed fishing, gardening, feeding and watching the birds, playing bingo and pool. He was a fan of the Chicago Cubs and Iowa Hawkeyes.
Ed is survived by his wife, Norma; a son, Mark Rehr of DeWitt; a granddaughter, Rachael; two great granddaughters; three step-children, Jeff (Shari) Schneider of Clintonville, WI, Larry (Rose) Schneider of Freeport, IL and Linda Schneider of Clinton; nine step-grandchildren; six step-great granddaughters; three step-great grandsons and a step-sister, Sally Ballie of Chicago.
He was preceded in death by his parents, six brothers and a step-brother.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Sept. 27, 2012
Oct. 2, 1923 - Sept. 27, 2012
- Joan E. Turney Joan E. Turney Nov. 19, 1927 - May 19, 2013 MAQUOKETA -- Joan E. Turney, 85, of Maquoketa, Iowa, passed away at her home on Sunday, May 19, 2013, after a long battle with cancer. A celebration of Joan's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 2
- JoAnn J. Bruhn WESTLAKE, Ohio -- JoAnn J. Bruhn (nee Birt), age 78, formerly of Clinton, beloved wife of Leonard, died. Dear mother of Alex (Julie) Bruhn and the late Kristine Bruhn (Brahim) Loving grandmother of Zachary, Noah, Dylan and Ian. Sister of Ronald Birt.
- Vernon Shimanek Maquoketa Vernon Shimanek Vernon Shimanek, 57, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- More Obituaries Headlines