Dec. 10, 1935 - Aug. 13, 2012
Marletta Mae Franzen, 76, of Clinton, died Monday, August 13, 2012, at her home in Clinton.
The funeral Mass will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, August 16, 2012, at the Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, August 15, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Kevin and Adam Franzen, Ray, Frank and Paul Bickel and Butch Franzen.
Marletta Mae Bickel was born December 10, 1935, in rural Scott County, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Marletta (Hellberg) Bickel. She was a 1953 graduate of Lost Nation High School and was a graduate of Mount Mercy School of Nursing, Cedar Rapids. Marletta married James P. Franzen on July 23, 1955, in Lost Nation, Iowa.
She was employed as a nurse at Mercy Hospital for more than forty years, retiring in 1995.
She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish.
Survivors include her husband, James, of Clinton; son, Kevin (Natalie) Franzen of St. Louis, MO; daughters, Teresa Franzen of Clinton, IA, and Janelle Lindeman of Camanche, IA; grandchildren, Adam Franzen, Casey Kramer, Molly Lindeman, Clarisa Marten, Seana Marten, Chloe Lindeman and Christian Franzen; great-grandchildren, Braeden and Madalyn Kramer and Camila Franzen; sisters, Marlyss Bickel of DeWitt, IA; Ruth Ann Cost of Florida and Patricia (Bob) Pascuito of Jacksonville, FL; brothers, Raymond (Margaret) Bickel, Jr. of LaMotte, IA; Franklin Bickel of Grand Mound, IA, and Paul (Dot) Bickel of Colora, MD.
She was preceded in death by her parents and son, Thomas.
Memorials may be made to Prince of Peace. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 13, 2012
Dec. 10, 1935 - Aug. 13, 2012
- Anne Petersen
- JoAnn Lichamer
- JoAnn J. Bruhn
- Donald D. Fair
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- More Obituaries Headlines