Oct. 11, 1917 - July 19, 2012
Evelyn Margaret (Wiese) Behrens, age 94, of rural Clinton, passed away peacefully in her sleep Thursday morning, July 19, 2012, with her son Gary at her side.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. Saturday, July 21, at the family home, 4165 115th Street, Clinton. A graveside service will follow at the Andover Cemetery. A lunch to celebrate her life will be served at Gary’s home after the service. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Evelyn was born in rural Charlotte on October 11, 1917, the daughter of Frank and Ida (Grantz) Wiese. She was baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran faith. She attended Charlotte schools and received her teaching certificate from Mount St. Clare College. She taught in a one room schoolhouse in rural Charlotte before her marriage to Virtus Behrens on June 7, 1939. Virtus passed away in 1994. She and her husband farmed on the same Century Farm west of Teeds Grove since the early 1940’s, where she lived until her death. Evelyn lived next to her son and his family on the family farm and was a very helpful, loving, caring mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and great-grandmother to them all.
Evelyn loved her family, gardening, cooking and working on the farm. She crocheted rugs for most of her adult life and enjoyed giving them as gifts. Most of her grandchildren’s friends, who were always at the farm, will remember her as simply grandma too. She always served them lunch on their visits.
Evelyn is survived by survived her daughter, Betty (Ken) Spurbeck of Michigan; their children, Mark (Marlena) Spurbeck and their children Elijah and Micha of Colorado and Brenda Spurbeck of Tennessee; her son, Gary (Rojean) Behrens and their children, Chad (Toni) Behrens and their children, Emma and Jack of Clinton, and a stepgreat-granddaughter, MacKenzie, Cody Behrens and her son Blake of Clinton and Clay Behrens of Andover.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her oldest grandson, Scott, a brother, Daryl Wiese, a sister, Dorothy Sorenson and her stepmother, Frieda Wiese.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: July 19, 2012
Oct. 11, 1917 - July 19, 2012
- Gary S. Trodick
- Dean Brian Dahlin
- Robert D. Stone
- Bradley H. Giddings
- Marcella G. Johnson MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Marcella G. Johnson, 80, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at her home. Memorial Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Saints John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mount Carroll, with the Rev. Father Dennis Atto, pastor o
- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck July 12, 1918 - June 13, 2013 IOWA CITY -- Ethan Edwin Rutenbeck, 94, died June 13, 2013, at his granddaughter's home in Iowa City. He was born July 12, 1918, at his family home near Lost Nation, Iowa, to Edwin and Viola Rutenb
- Julie Ann Hutchins MERCED, Calif. -- Julie Ann Hutchins, 47, died Sunday at Hy-Lond Health Care Center in Merced after a brief illness. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday. Funeral services will be hel
- Allan D. Rickertsen Clinton Allan D. Rickertsen Allan D. Rickertsen, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Mildred L. Clapp Mildred L. Clapp March 22, 1920 - June 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Mildred L. Clapp, 93, of Clinton, and formerly of Toronto and Oxford Junction, died on Saturday morning at Bickford Cottage in Clinton, Iowa. Funeral services will be held on Wednesday, June
- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich Dec. 27, 1932 - June 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Maurice "Mike" J. Oestreich, 80, of Clinton, passed away, Monday, June 17, 2013 surrounded by his family at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Private Family Services will be W
- More Obituaries Headlines