Sept. 13, 1919 - Nov. 26, 2012
Dorothy Mardel Finch Pieczynski Oakes passed from this life on Monday, November 26, 2012. Dorothy resided at Prairie Hills where she enjoyed renewing friendships with classmates of years gone by and making many new ones.
Visitation will be Friday, November 30, 2012, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. at St. Mary’s Cemetery in Clinton.
Dorothy was born in Clinton to Ed and Clara (Hansen) Finch on September 13, 1919. She married Anton Pieczynski in March of 1938. Tony and Dorothy ran Tony’s Tavern on Camanche Avenue until 1954 when they opened Sportsman’s Exchange, 910 South 4th Street, Clinton. They retired to Bellevue, Iowa, where their love of antiques turned into a business, Heritage Antiques, which they owned and operated until 1982 when Tony passed away. Dorothy returned to Clinton and resided on Millcrest Court. In 1986, she married Tom Oakes; that marriage ended in divorce.
She shared a love of fishing with Tony all their married lives. Fishing Big & Little Winnie in Minnesota each year and trout on Bloody Run near Marquette and walleye at the Clinton and Bellevue dams on the Mississippi. Her other interests were golf, bowling and bridge. In the past she served as a grey lady for the Red Cross working at the Schick Hospital as an instructor teaching leathercraft and copper tooling. She was a Girl Scout and Cub Scout leader and introduced many of her children’s friends to the joy of fishing. She was also a member of Prince of Peace Catholic Church and the Clinton and Fulton Country clubs.
She is survived by her daughter, Rita (Mark) Waage and son, Richard (Trish) Peiczynski; nine grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, a sister, three sisters-in-law and numerous nieces and nephews and good friends, Donna and Ben Ehrhart.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Tony; one son, Frank in 2007; and infant son; her parents; brothers, Cliff, Bob, Earl, Chuck and Eddie Finch; a sister, Fay (Howard) Sentman; an infant sister; brothers-in-law, Walcow Pieczynski and Joe Pieczynski; and her special friend of more than twenty years, Bob Chalgren (2009); and her best friends, Lavina Bostock, Marion Doyle, Winnie Shull, Fran Ladehoff, Lucy Kurtz and Ann Lehman.
The family requests that memorials may be made to the American Heart Association.
Death date: Nov. 26, 2012
Sept. 13, 1919 - Nov. 26, 2012
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines