Dec. 9, 1926 - Jan. 1, 2013
Wilma C. Rosenboom, 86, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away peacefully at her residence on Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, January 5, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, January 4, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at the Elvira Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Wilma was born December 9, 1926, in Low Moor, Iowa, the daughter of Wilhelm and Wilheminnie (Luebker) Hippler. She was a 1944 graduate of Clinton High School. She was united in marriage to Roy Rosenboom on August 8, 1961.
She was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church most of her life and served on many committees there. She was also a member of the Naomi Circle, the P.N.G. Club and a longtime subscriber to Circa 21 Dinner theater.
Wilma was a “roll up your sleeves and work” kind of gal. Most of her life was chronicled working on the farm, whether it was her and her husband’s farm, just south of Low Moor, or her relatives farm. She also went to Mount Saint College where she received a teaching certificate in 1945. For the next 20+ years she would teach elementary education at various country schools. Wilma loved her family and will be deeply missed.
Wilma is survived by two daughters, Joni Saling of Lathrop, MO, Lori (Dan) Peppmeier of Camanche, IA; two sons, David Rosenboom of Phoenix, AZ, Jerry Rosenboom of Camanche, IA; five grandchildren, Joel, Janelle, Joshua, Molly, Miranda; and one niece, Harriet Kukkuck of Preston, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one granddaughter, Paige; one son-in-law, James Saling; and one sister, Helen Kukkuck.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 1, 2013
Dec. 9, 1926 - Jan. 1, 2013
- Mildred Tripp CHADWICK, Ill. -- Mildred Tripp, 81, of Sterling, Ill., formerly of Chadwick, died Thursday at CGH Hospital in Sterling. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Hope United Methodist Church in Chadwick. Burial will be in the Chadwick Cem
- Deanna J. Wagoner Deanna J. Wagoner Oct. 13, 1943 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Deanna J. Wagoner, age 69, of Clinton, died Friday May 17, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. Cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 21st, a
- Mary Jo Kinkaid Mary Jo Kinkaid July 26, 1940 - May 17, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Jo Kinkaid, 72, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, May 17, 2013 in the hospital due to complications from surgery. The family will greet friends Tuesday, May 21, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. a
- Kristin R. Phillips Kristin R. Phillips Aug. 29, 1957 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Kristin R. Phillips, 55, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, May 16, 2013, at her home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, May 20, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral H
- Margaret 'Marge' Donnelly Margaret Donnelly May 4, 1929 - May 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Mrs. Margaret E. "Marge" Donnelly, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, formerly of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday morning, May 16, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center-East Campus, Davenport, Iowa. The family will rec
Barbara J. Determann
Barbara J. Determann, 52, passed away peacefully on Saturday, May 4, 2013 surrounded by family at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in San Francisco, CA.
- Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Durwin 'Dur' Kerry Wilhelm Sept. 5, 1953-May 14, 2013 PRESTON -- Durwin "Dur" Kerry Wilhelm, age 59, of Preston, Iowa, died on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at home surrounded by his family. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013, at
- Dwain Galloway Dwain Galloway June 30, 1942-May 14, 2013 GRAND MOUND -- Dwain Galloway, 70, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, May 14, 2013, at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City. The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Fu
- Garry L. Dithmart Clinton Garry L. Dithmart Garry L. Dithmart, 79, of Clinton, died Wednesday at his daughter's home in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at the Pape Funeral Home. Services will be held at 3 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. A complet
- Marcia L. Ortega MORRISON, Ill. — Marcia L. Ortega, 55, of Morrison, died Tuesday at her home. A memorial service will be held at 6 p.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. There will be no visitation; the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renk
- More Obituaries Headlines